This week the ladies of the TGAD talk about Gossip Girl season finale episode 5.24 – The Return of the Ring. Highlights include: how the writers completely changed everything about Gossip Girl, Chuck and Blair being all in, and Serena’s greatest regression yet. Listen to the podcast to hear everything we had to say about Gossip Girl. And we want to thank everyone for listening to us for another season of Gossip Girl. TGAD would be nothing without you and we thank you for putting up with Angela’s apple eating, TGAD kids and just general Gossip Girl podcast chaos. Thanks for being such devoted fans to our podcast.
Talking Gossip After Dark
Episode #140: But This Time I’m All In
May 15, 2012
- Gossip Girl renewed for final season for 11 episodes. Why 11 and not 13? Do you think they needed 13 episodes? When do you think the show will return? Official schedule will be released on May 17th!
- Lola won’t be on the show next season because she’s been cast on an NBC show.
- Contact information: www.talking-gossip.com, e-mail: email@example.com, voicemail:(904) 438-8423, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TalkingGossip
- This episode: 5.24 – The Return of the Ring
- No recap this week because we probably will have a lot to talk about in this episode of the podcast.
- First Impression Poll:
- Were you satisfied with this as a season finale? Do you think people will stop watching next season or will viewership increase?
- High and Lows: What did you love and what did you hate?
- What do you think of Lola giving her money to Ivy? Do you think she saved some for herself?
- Blair taking over her mother’s company: good or bad?
Annulments and Lies
- Why isn’t Bart in trouble for fraud? Wouldn’t his marriage to Lily be the null and void one because he faked his death? Why does Lily want to respect the sanctity of marriage now? Isn’t she disrespecting her current one?
- Does Lily really think that Rufus would want to talk to her about what she said to him about keeping him a kept man? Is Lily too easily manipulated?
- Should Rufus have had the annulment papers drawn up? Should Lily have read into his actions about how much he loved her vs. wanting to win a competition?
Father Not Like Son
- Are you upset that Bart is back? Should Bart have been brought back as a source of happiness and not a source of conflict? How did you feel about what Bart did to Chuck?
- What is up with the constant testing of Chuck by Bart? Is this being unfair to Chuck? Is Chuck ready to be a Bass man or is he ready to be a new Bass man?
- Do you think Chuck will ever stand up to his father?
- What do you think Bart really wants?
- What does it say about Serena that she took the pages of Blair’s diary with no intention of publishing them, but still wanting to know that she could if she wanted? Why didn’t Serena just fess up to her feelings?
- What did you think about the Blair sabotage of Serena’s possible new job? Is this going back too old school? Has the lack of attention on their friendship showed there has been regression in their relationship? Do you want to see a regression, especially knowing the show is coming to an end?
- Will Serena and Blair continue on this no friendship path next season? And is that something you would like to see?
- Should Blair have kicked Serena out of the house? Did Blair mean what she said to Serena or is she just harboring hurt feelings? Was Blair only mad at Serena because she told her the truth about her feelings for Chuck?
The End of the Dair Affair
- Should Dair have been given a proper break up?
- Let’s examine the love that Blair said she had for Dan. Blair said a lot of things in this episode about her relationship with Dan. “Is cultural stimulation enough?” – from the diary of Blair. Does that justify her writing that in diary about Dan? What did you think of her explanation about the situation?
- “When we’re together, I feel strong and safe…except in his neighborhood.” What does this say about her relationship with Dan? Was it even a real love or just a safe love?
There Is No Us, Just You
- Should Dan be upset with Serena about the manipulation? Did Serena force him to have sex?
- Is it safe to say that Dan has no feelings for Serena? Does Serena really have feelings for Dan?
- Is Serena being led on by Dan? Or is Dan confused about his feelings too? Were they both using each other?
- What do you think about Serena taping their sexual encounter?
Chair Together Again
- “I’m vulnerable. He’s devastated me, but he’s also made me the happier than I’ve ever been.”
- What did you think of the latest Gossip Girl cock block? Did Blair always bet against Chuck? And did he always put her first?
- Why is power always the thing that will keep Blair and Chuck apart? Is it really that important?
- Do you think Chuck and Blair will be together in the end?
One Week Later
- Dan and Georgina are going to write a book about the real UES.
- Serena in on the train to no where; slipping back into old habits.
- Blair being all in for Chuck.
Rate The Episode/General Thoughts:
Hopes for The Final Season of Gossip Girl
The Plan for TGAD
- We’ll be back in August to discuss all things Gossip Girl.
- Contact information: www.talking-gossip.com, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, voicemail: (904) 438-8423, follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TalkingGossip
- Don’t forget to visit our affiliates at ed-westwickworld.net, youknowyouloveme.org, leightonmeester.us, blakelivelyweb.com. and pennbadgleyweb.com.